Sunday, March 3, 2013

Craftsy Class Cake Design #1: The Offset Chevron Cake


I am going to take the next week or so to share with you all the four cakes I made for my Craftsy Class!!  I want you to see all the techniques you'll learn in the class as well as see the cakes you can create with them.


First up is the Offset Chevron Cake!  

I  know most all of you have seen this cake before (here), but it was the youtube video I had put out last fall that started the ball rolling with Craftsy.  They loved the wax paper transfer method and how cleanly and simply you can put any graphic on a cake!! 

So, they had me fly out to Colorado to shoot the Craftsy class in the Craftsy studio!  I flew in on Sunday, had to repair some cakes (I'll post about that in another post), shot all day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, then flew home on Thursday!  It was amazing!  This company is SO professional, all the people were amazing to work with!!!

Here are some "in progress" shots!

 It's so fun to see how all the editing worked!  We would stop mid-way through my lesson and they'd snap a few pics, then we'd start back up again!  It was fun seeing how all that worked...my first time behind the camera!! - well...except at home in my own kitchen...by myself...which doesn't count!! :)

 Here is the title card they came up with.  They really wanted the techniques to stand out in this class.  We cover so much, and even though there are four totally different cakes, they know a lot of people buy the classes to learn new techniques! - and this one is full of them!  So, I'm so excited to share it with all of you!!

In the class I also show you how to make my signature flower and include all the templates you'll need to make the flower and the stripes perfectly!  If you haven't bought the class and want to, take this link over to Craftsy and add it to your shopping cart!! 

 I'd love to hear what you think!  If you've taken the class, post a comment below or leave a rating on the class page...hopefully it'll be 5 stars! :) :)

Thanks so much for your support!!!  It's been incredible!!  God bless!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica, I purchased your Craftsy class yesterday and I've been glued to the computer ever since. I LOVE it! You would never think that it was your first time behind a camera - you're obviously a natural! Well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! I was just so excited to share with everyone what I have learned these last few years! :) Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Just bought your Craftsy class. Can't wait to learn how you make perfect cakes. So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the class the first day it was available through your link :) You are amazing and very talented. I am so grateful you are sharing with us through your blog and craftsy. If you every do a hands on class I would LOVE to be the first to sign up. I live in Eugene Oregon. Blessings and congratulations
    Teresa Warren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica,
    I have a question for you: Midwest are out of the polyester sheets you recommended (maybe because of your recommendation?)... I found this on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Grafix-Clear-Plastic-Thickness-12-Inch/dp/B001C26RFM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1362324794&sr=8-5&keywords=acetate+sheets
    Do you think it is the same product?
    Thanks,
    Anat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Jessie! So glad your Craftsy class is going well and you are receiving well-deserved praise. And, the cake looks amazing on the cake stand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessica- I have to tell you that the wax paper technique in the class has raised my confidence level so much and I cant thank you enough. I did a small scallopped edge on a practice cake yesterday and was jumping up and down at how great it looked! Next I am tackling my ganaching and fondant covering with your help amd I feel certain that with practice and watching the class videos a couple hundred times I will improve the look of my cakes. Thanks a million :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so exciting to follow you in this journey Jessica. I am so happy for you that you can share your talent and passion in this great way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the flower and how simple it is to make. The chevron pattern is also so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jessica, I took your class and LOVED every bit of it! There is so much that I want to go back and take notes and comment on. I've been chatting with my 10 yr old daughter about it so much that she wants to watch it with me again. I cant believe how much your techniques are exactly what ive been looking for to achieve perfect cakes. Your attention to detail and how much thought you put into making the design flawless shows in every cake. I also agree you presented like a pro. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I think that should work! Thanks so much! I'll add this to my blog as a link since it might be more readily available! :)

      Blessings!

      Delete
    2. By the way...thank you so much for encouraging words!! So sweet about your daughter!

      Delete
  11. purchased this class and absolutly loved it. I am definately feeling confidant that I can do this. Thank you. Well worth the price of admission

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jessica,
    I took your class, and it´s absolutely amazing!
    I`m from Germany, and cakedecorating here is not yet widespread! I´m so glad that you gave me the opportunity to learn so much about it! Thank you so much :-)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete