Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bow Tutorial

I love this little bow! It's SO simple to make and simple in its style. All you need is a little template and a little modeling chocolate and you can make your own!!

Here's what you need:
When using a small amount of modeling chocolate, I like to roll it out on wax paper. It keeps me from having to use crisco or cornstarch.




And you're done! I love how little it is!

Have fun playing with the size. Copy that template and size it for whatever cake you need. Just use a little melted chocolate on the back of the bow to attach it to a cake.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. you can see my link back to this blog on my blog: camandceci.blogspot.com (scroll all the way to the bottom of the latest post).

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! and easy! I think I'll be using this when I make a Hello Kitty cake this week.
    Question: will this work as well using fondant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative! You make things simple and nice! What a talented friend I have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative! What a perfect bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative and I LOVE that you also give God the glory on your blog! Keep it up! :) I would love to know how you made the above purse. Very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle: Stay tuned for a how-to on that cake. Within the next week or two I'll have it up. I did a step by step tutorial but am missing the final picture...so, I'm re-making it and will post it SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this bow. Can I make it large? By large I mean 5 inches long and 2.5 inches wide?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just print and scale the pattern accordingly. You'll need to use some rolled up paper towels for support until the bow dries.

      Delete
  8. I totally agree with Michelle and others, you are so talented and more blessed as you give God the glory in your blogs. You will always overflow with talent. My first time on your blog and am stunned!!! really really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charity! To God be the glory for anything that comes from these hands!

      Delete
  9. You make it look so simple, thanks so much, will try later.
    www.losdulcesdelacriz.com

    ReplyDelete