oohhhh yes...and they are GOOD!
I served these little cupcakes during a Halloween party and everyone ended up wanting the recipe! :) So I figured I'd share since I copied it from Martha! :) I found the recipe on marthastewart.com and added the chocolate chips at the end right before I put the batter into muffin cups. Chocolate chips are great with anything...even pumpkin spice cake! I used 3/4 of a bag of the Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips, but you could use anything! I topped each cupcake with a swirl of cream cheese Italian meringue buttercream. I made 4 cups of Italian Meringue Buttercream and added 4 oz of softened cream cheese at the end.
Quantity: I made 12 cupcakes and a 9" cake pan with the batter - so it would easily make 24 cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
*Stir in 3/4 bag of chocolate chips right before baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in pumpkin puree.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about halfway. Bake until tops spring back when touched, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pans once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.